Thanks for considering being a guest blogger.
Objective: To create a conversation on a better metro Birmingham.
Possible subject matter:
- Poor government structure—what can we do about it?
- What’s great about our Birmingham region?
- What’s unique about metro Birmingham?
- What’s broken in our Birmingham region—how can we fix it?
- Ideas to move us forward
- word document
- a jpg headshot of yourself
- a short one or two sentence bio
- a provocative title (we can help)
- e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Between 400-700 words typical–but a bit shorter or longer is okay
- If blog is too long, you lose many readers before the end
- Short paragraphs with plenty of white space improves readability since many people view on their smart phone or tablet
- No time-sensitive material. We can’t guarantee publication date
- We reserve the right to approve content
- No previously published pieces
- We provide no editing or proof reading
- Guest blogger agrees that submissions can be used in all media including www.al.com and the Birmingham News. Al.com automatically republishes.